Russia Begins Operations in Syria: End Game for the US Empire?

sToRmR1dR

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Putin and Erdogan have announced that a ceasefire would take effect in Idlib, at midnight.

5 Mar, 2020

Meanwhile, the Russian and Syrian warplanes are obliterating the terrorist positions in Idlib.

2020-03-05
bjorn

bjorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Putin and Erdogan have announced that a ceasefire would take effect in Idlib, at midnight.

5 Mar, 2020

This is what matters most:

The document, signed after the negotiations, underlined that both Moscow and Ankara remained committed to maintaining the territorial integrity and sovereignty of Syria.

Time for Erdogan to lick his wounds, get out and take his loses. The 2 presidents spoke with each other for 6 HOURS straight! Putin is the voice of diplomacy and reason. Hopefully this will be the last we hear from Turkey. Idlib must be cleansed and rebuilt.
Turgon

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Time for Erdogan to lick his wounds, get out and take his loses. The 2 presidents spoke with each other for 6 HOURS straight! Putin is the voice of diplomacy and reason.Hopefully this will be the last we hear from Turkey. Idlib must be cleansed and rebuilt.

我不太确定。埃尔多安是出了名的untrustworthy, often plays both sides and I'm not putting too much faith in this ceasefire, at least not in the long term. We were just watching a video of Bombard's Body Language when it came to the press conference with Putin earlier today and it was surprising to watch. Usually Putin is very much in charge and confident in these situations, but this is the first time she's seen him stressed and as she put it, without power in the room. As if Erdogan is holding all the cards and willing to burn the entire house down to get what he wants. Maybe it's an off day for Putin, but still, it's pretty alarming to say the least.

bjorn

bjorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
我不太确定。埃尔多安是出了名的untrustworthy, often plays both sides and I'm not putting too much faith in this ceasefire, at least not in the long term.

Yes, and if Erdogan reinforces the region with more Turkish troops and not retreat then that will speak for itself. Perhaps he is bidding it's time for his next move. His export version of the S-400 will come online in April after all.

Erdogan seems to have forgotten the help Putin gave him during the 2016 failed coup-d’état. Ungrateful people like that are selfish and reckless. On top of that, the Turkish president like always seems to believe he is holding many good cards. (even if he isn't)

The Turkish president seems to be prioritising his territory-expansion ambition over his commercial and partnership relationship with Russia.
R

RflctnOfU

Jedi Council Member
我不太确定。埃尔多安是出了名的untrustworthy, often plays both sides and I'm not putting too much faith in this ceasefire, at least not in the long term. We were just watching a video of Bombard's Body Language when it came to the press conference with Putin earlier today and it was surprising to watch. Usually Putin is very much in charge and confident in these situations, but this is the first time she's seen him stressed and as she put it, without power in the room. As if Erdogan is holding all the cards and willing to burn the entire house down to get what he wants. Maybe it's an off day for Putin, but still, it's pretty alarming to say the least.

While watching the body language video, Erdogan creeped me out. I kept thinking “psychopath!!!”
sToRmR1dR

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Turkish-backed militants have violated the ceasefire in Idlib - Russian air defense systems have destroyed two armed drones near the Hmeimim Air Base.

06.03.2020 - Video can be seenhere.

'Peace is not profitable, you know?'

6 Mar, 2020

Last edited:
Renaissance

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member

It strikes me that Putin was uneasy, but not without power. Erdogan came across as completely sure of himself, and Putin seemed basically tasked with bring him down a notch. This had to be done very delicately, and if it didn't work, Putin probably deeply felt how the outcome could be very bad for the region as well as their relations with Turkey. Bombard is used to reading people, even those who she likes, who are mostly self interested. Putin's concern comes across as not based on his own 'power' but in relation to the many lives affected and potentially affected by this madman.
itellsya

itellsya

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
It strikes me that Putin was uneasy, but not without power. Erdogan came across as completely sure of himself, and Putin seemed basically tasked with bring him down a notch. This had to be done very delicately, and if it didn't work, Putin probably deeply felt how the outcome could be very bad for the region as well as their relations with Turkey. Bombard is used to reading people, even those who she likes, who are mostly self interested. Putin's concern comes across as not based on his own 'power' but in relation to the many lives affected and potentially affected by this madman.

That's pretty much how it came across to me. Perhaps Putin wasn't as controlled as he normally is - and that is telling in itself, i guess - and he did appear to be quite fidgety - she said his feet were "dancing" which was true. Putin appeared to be unable to look at Erdogan but rather than him 'lacking power' or whatnot, perhaps he just felt such disdain for him. It seemed to me that perhaps Putin had a lot on his mind and overall he was less guarded with his gestures and he wanted to get down to business and move on - and maybe even just get away from Erdogan as quickly as possible.

Erdogan sat there with an almost maniacal smirk or blankness, completely unfitting to the situation at hand, and she rightly picked up on how unsettling that was.

It was also interesting that Erdogan didn't think to greet Putin's entourage until he saw Putin - quite naturally, as he always does - go over to greet Erdogan's. That they almost bumped into each other on the way back, although a common enough thing, could highlight how much Putin wasn't paying the usual attentiveness to his guest, because in a way he doesn't even want to be in the same room as him?

Part of the opening statement from Erdogan was that he 'wanted to meet in Turkey but because Putin was so busy they decided to do it in Russia', it's interesting that he chose to spell that out even though any one following the situation surely knew that fact.

I thought it was also notable that, despite the truckload of personality disordered people and high tension situations Putin has been in, in this one he let his guard down, a little.

Anyway, i'm no body language or political expert but that's what came to mind when i watched the video.
Renaissance

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Putin appeared to be unable to look at Erdogan but rather than him 'lacking power' or whatnot, perhaps he just felt such disdain for him.

Yeah, could be that Putin had placed some degree of trust in Erdogan and with Turkey's latest actions in Syria, Erdogan basically betrayed any last bit of it. If that's the case, Putin would naturally have a hard time even looking at him.

Part of the opening statement from Erdogan was that he 'wanted to meet in Turkey but because Putin was so busy they decided to do it in Russia', it's interesting that he chose to spell that out even though any one following the situation surely knew that fact.

I'd bet Erdogan resented being called to Moscow. But that he did come indicates that Ankara isn't prepared to cut ties with Russia.

The portal that the C's mentioned in the last session could be related to Turkey's erratic behavior, with Erdogan's unstable personality making him an ideal vector for chaos.

(Niall) It's a video shown a couple of weeks ago supposedly somewhere south of Aleppo. That's near the big war zone in Idlib. It's looking up in the sky fixed on a cloud and there are like waves rippling up through the cloud.

A: We told you long ago that there is a large portal over the Middle East. This was a breaching of the realm curtain.

Q: (L) So... Was something coming in, or getting out of here?

A: Coming in!

Q: (Artemis) Something came in... Prepare for the worst!

(Chu) Something like what?

A: We told you that there would be strange cosmic phenomena!

Q: (Pierre) They didn't say what was coming in.

(L) I guess we have to wait and see.

(Joe) It was the Kraken. Godzilla!

A: Paying close attention helped you spot this. Wait for more and observe results and effects.
Turgon

Turgon

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Putin appeared to be unable to look at Erdogan but rather than him 'lacking power' or whatnot, perhaps he just felt such disdain for him.

Yeah, could be that Putin had placed some degree of trust in Erdogan and with Turkey's latest actions in Syria, Erdogan basically betrayed any last bit of it. If that's the case, Putin would naturally have a hard time even looking at him.

That's something that I thought about as well. After all Putin did extend an olive branch to Erdogan during the attempted coup in 2016 despite knowing what role Turkey played in the conflict in Syria and just a few years later he starts another hot zone situation in Idlib while also calling on NATO to support his invasion. I remember watching a video on Putin where it was mentioned trust with the people he works with in his government is very important to him but that once it's broken he is quick to dismiss that person from their position and out of his circle. That may have come out in the press conference where he can't simply not deal with Erdogan and it showed.

Erdogan came across as completely sure of himself, and Putin seemed basically tasked with bring him down a notch. This had to be done very delicately

True, and I think in part this is why Bombard mentioned that Erdogan is or at least feels like's holding all the cards. If he wants, he can hold Europe hostage and release all the migrants into Greece/Europe and from what I've read, the Turkish economy is plummeting at the moment and galvanizing the country for a military conflict in Idlib could be a way of drawing attention away from that. It's a difficult situation for Putin because he really needs to balance a lot of conflicting interests in the region while trying to prevent anymore escalation, knowing the US is stirring the pot and can't wait for the two countries to butt heads so they can 'intervene.' All the while, Western Media and governments are blaming him for this!
sToRmR1dR

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
'US oil smugglers are sending 'humanitarian aid' to Hasaka.'

ByMh. Ibrahim/Hazem Sabbagh- 7 March، 2020

'Air 'negotiations' between Russian and Turkish warplanes continue.'

2020-03-07
sToRmR1dR

sToRmR1dR

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
bjorn

bjorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The Russian airforce bombing the hell out of IS and other terrorist groups God bless Putin

Keit

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
That they almost bumped into each other on the way back, although a common enough thing, could highlight how much Putin wasn't paying the usual attentiveness to his guest, because in a way he doesn't even want to be in the same room as him?
我记得普京上观看视频mentioned trust with the people he works with in his government is very important to him but that once it's broken he is quick to dismiss that person from their position and out of his circle.

Can't add anything significant, just that I also think similar to what others said above. Numerous Russian commentators wrote how, indeed, Putin saved Erdogan's life, and that his recent actions were no more that a cynical betrayal, especially after Putin "forgiving" him the incident of downing the Russian jet.

At first it was shocking to hear and watch the body analysis, because Putin really didn't want to look Erdogan in the eyes. But yeah, I think that maybe the "lack of power" in the video is actually disappointment and loss of respect. Perhaps in Putin's eyes he isn't a partner anymore, and should be approached and dealt with like Gurdjieff treated Aleister Crowley when he was his guest (i.e only in accordance with the rules of hospitality/diplomacy, but no more).
Y

youlik

Jedi Council Member
Опубликованы итоги противостояния сирийских «Буков» с турецкими беспилотниками
9 марта 2020

Почему то мне кажется, что строятся беспилотники в Турции не такими темпами, какими они их теряют.

Translation
Published the results of the confrontation of the Syrian "Buks" with Turkish drones
March 9, 2020
在伊德利卜作战期间,叙利亚,Buk-M2E calculations of the Syrian army carried out 25 missile launches and shot down 20 Turkish drones.
This was reported in the Twitter browser Syrian_MC.

He also notes that three times the missiles did not reach the target, and two more drones self -destructed.

We will add that in early March, the Syrian military also tried to shoot down an F-16 fighter of the Turkish air force with the help of the s-200 "Angara" SAM, but the plane escaped being hit, but returned to Turkish airspace.

It has already been reported that Syrian troops shot down Turkish drones.
Опубликованы итоги противостояния сирийских «Буков» с турецкими беспилотниками

For some reason, it seems to me that drones are being built in Turkey at a slower pace than they are losing them.
Top Bottom