Mysterious Animal Deaths

Candice

Candice

绝地武士
I did a search and did not find a thread dedicated to unusual or mysterious animal deaths. So I started this one, if it’s a duplicate please delete.

I came across this story today of the unusual discovery of some buffalo found dead in a Taiwanese national park. It got me thinking of those elephants who died under strange circumstances in Botswana. For now the cause of death for the buffaloes are unknown but testing is underway.

Keng explained that the deaths are very unusual since there has only been one Taiwan water buffalo death reported at Yangmingshan per year. She suspected that starvation and infectious disease were responsible for their demise.

The Yangmingshan National Park Administration confirmed the news during a press interview on Monday and said the bodies of the animals had been sent to the National Taiwan University School of Veterinary Medicine for testing. It said the fallen buffaloes consisted of five adults and one calf.

The park administration said some grass had been found inside the stomachs of the buffaloes, so starvation is unlikely the cause of their deaths. It added that the autopsy results will come out in a few days, reportedLiberty Times.
Top Bottom