Does anyone have any plans for the coming Ice Age?

Weontv

Weontv

Jedi
The sun is entering a solar minimum and there are several recent confirms or reports from NASA scientists confirming that they are seeing unexpected behavior in terms of how rapid the minimum is happening. I dont intend to make this thread in hopes of confirming that there is an Ice Age coming, because this is all expected from what the C's have been telling us. My issue is I don't know what I should be doing in terms of preparations..

I currently live in the northern hemisphere, in Canada, so pretty high up there, and I don't know if I should be considering moving somewhere closer to the equator, or if I should be preparing in any way. My hopes and dreams are that one day I have the means to acquire some land and make it self sustainable and able to fend off any catastrophe that happens, but at this rate I don't know if that is even feasible, the rising cost of living, especially in my city (Vancouver) makes this very hard to accomplish, I am not in the place I want to be yet.

Is anybody else planning or preparing for the cooling period, anybody else apprehensive about it? I am very curious as to what people on this forum, who know whats coming to some extent, are planning for the not so distant future, when all of these things we've been discussing for a long time finally ferment in to reality.
in certain forums it is commented what to do about it ... for example Laura and her family (and many more of those present here in the forum) keep food in jars in case of shortages of edible foods, if nothing happens they simply eat the food before it expires and they go back to doing the process again.
And if ... the most feasible option, although it could be complicated, is to move, although do not expect much security anywhere either.
Last edited:
It seems like there are more articles about it on SOTT. It has been making me a bit apprehensive lately, as in yeah this is really going down. This article shows a timeline near the end of the video:

Adapt 2030 Ice Age Report: Out of season climate chaos -- Sott.net

I'm not in Canada, and don't really have a plan. But some more prepping efforts could be made. It's not something I've done for a while. But like I said, the seeming push in awareness of the Ice Age should make it easier to get some things going. All we can do is our best to meet that future and then just see where that takes us. It's a bit sobering to know what's coming. Just my thoughts on this at the moment.
I don't think there's really anything we can do to prepare, except making peace with our own death. I've always thought of the Ice Age and other climatic (or violent social) change as the End for me, my family and everyone else, except for perhaps the few "lucky" ones.

Other members may have more insight, though.
I don't think Canada would be (is) such a bad place for an ice age. It does have a lot going for it like the infrastructure already in place to deal with changes to cold weather. In the little green rainy place I live, just a snowflake or two and the whole country grinds to a halt. We are doomed big time! :( - You make me wonder though, why closer to the equator? Feel like I've missed out on an important piece of data if utopia exists around 0 degrees latitude?
Well to be honest I am certainly ready to accept death if that is my fate, these last few years have been heavily demoralizing and I am sure people on here can relate when I say that this reality leaves so much to long for as it is so limiting.

My assumption is that closer to the equator means less effected by the cooling, but I am no expert on this so I could be wrong. I think the last grand solar minimum left the world several degrees cooler than normal for however long and that lead to famine, something of that magnitude in the modern world I think would certainly create a chaotic environment, especially in heavily populated cities.

I dont know, I just feel like if I know whats coming, perhaps I should take some action to prepare for these events. I am flirting with the idea of getting a vehicle that I can store some survival gear in so that if it does come down to it I will be mobile and at least have the means to survive for a little while.. I really dont know.

今年我们看到破纪录的下雪already and a lot of places around the world are reporting an "early winter", so I really think this will ferment in at least the next 5-10 years, perhaps sooner.

I am filled with regret for not having the financial means to fulfill one of my goals in life, which was to own some land in a rural area and create somewhat of a sanctuary to fall back on.

The reason I am inquiring about other people on this forum is perhaps in the near future there can be some attempt at creating one of these compounds in a place that is suitable so that members of the forum can combine their skills and resources so we have a fighting chance, I know there is nobody in my life that would even believe the idea of an ice age, perhaps that will change soon.
There are several of us in the Vancouver area in situations similar to what you've described. It always comes back to a couple of things the C's have said - I don't have the exact quotes from the transcripts - but "you will do what you will do" and "it's not where you are but who you are and what you see". Physical survival is a 3D perspective and we are in 3D bodies. So that being said, preserving food is always a good choice, neither a waste of time or resources, investing in warm(er) clothing, Working on ourselves, continuing to do what is in front of us to do, feeling gratitude for the lessons, and laughter whenever possible. And yes, the cost of any form of real estate, even a piece of raw land, is only for the very wealthy in this particular neck of the woods.
Обдумывая идею перемещения надо иметь ввиду возможное смещение полюсов. Процесс, собственно, уже происходит, но вот во что это выльется для конкретных территорий сказать невозможно. Так что вы возможно и так окажетесь в тропиках без всяких перемещений. На мой взгляд гораздо важнее подготовка внутренняя.

Translation
When thinking about the idea of moving it is necessary to keep in mind the possible displacement of the poles. The process, in fact, is already happening, but it is impossible to say what it will result in for specific territories. So you may find yourself in the tropics without any movements. In my opinion, internal preparation is much more important.
I think Canada is a good place because you are prepared, as a country, to very low temperatures. I was thinking to return to Canada but I think it is impossible because my husband does not want to leave here, (Canary islands) because of the good weather. He is not aware of the coming of the Ice Age. In fact around me apart Hesperides I know nobody who is aware of the Ice Age that is coming and so soon that is really a little scary. But it is interesting to see how things are going, how the information we have here and at Sott.net is right, and now how important is to continue to work on ourselves as much as possible. Also as Bluefyre is saying, laugh every day, continue to do learn and be informed. Be grateful for this present, the people here, the books that are waiting to be read, our dogs and cats that are with us, our husbands, our friends. To be alive in these terrible times is a gift.
I think Canada is a good place because you are prepared, as a country, to very low temperatures. I was thinking to return to Canada but I think it is impossible because my husband does not want to leave here, (Canary islands) because of the good weather. He is not aware of the coming of the Ice Age. In fact around me apart Hesperides I know nobody who is aware of the Ice Age that is coming and so soon that is really a little scary. But it is interesting to see how things are going, how the information we have here and at Sott.net is right, and now how important is to continue to work on ourselves as much as possible. Also as Bluefyre is saying, laugh every day, continue to do learn and be informed. Be grateful for this present, the people here, the books that are waiting to be read, our dogs and cats that are with us, our husbands, our friends. To be alive in these terrible times is a gift.

加拿大是更好的准备,真的。但最终,alot of its preparedness depends on energy - gas, electricity, fuel. And if we're talking about an ice age, the infrastructure that supplies the energy will very soon collapse, leaving people in a just as bad or worse situation as other places along the same latitude. Think about what happens every time there's a storm: there are blackouts, roads blocked, shortages, etc. Now imagine if this is a prolonged situation. So, at the very beginning, Canada will probably do better than, say, the UK, but soon enough it will be equally catastrophic.
I think it would be very helpful for everyone to read "A Cold Welcome" which cites actual eye-witness accounts of the Little Ice Age in the Americas from Canada down to South America. If you have some real idea of what you may be facing, and why (lot of discussion of how and why weather does things in certain places), you are much better prepared to prepare!

Secondly, one of the reasons we created our religious organization was so that we would be in a position to aid our members when the poo hits the fan. We have been working on helping people to meet each other in real life so as to be able to possibly form networks in their home areas; to pass on needed skills and information; and we have been experimenting with religious visas for members to be able to relocate out of areas that are problematical. Right now, everything is still in a somewhat casual stage of activity, and will remain so as long as things are relatively stable, but we are watching and getting foundations in place to make more definite moves when and if needed.

In other words, supporting FOTCM, participating actively in the limited things we are doing at present, is basically helping us to be better able to help you.
Back
Top Bottom