CA Inmate confesses to beating two convicted child molesters to death after warning prison officials he would

Seamus

Seamus

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
https://www.reddit.com/r/JusticeServed/comments/f7bv3q
1582304979510.png
CORCORAN, Calif. — Jonathan Watson warned prison counselors that he was going to attack two convicted child molesters if he wasn’t moved to a new facility.

And that’s exactly what he did. Watson confessed to beating David Bobb and Graham De Luis-Conti with a cane at the California Substance Abuse Treatment Facility and State Prison in Corcoran, California, The Mercury News reported.

Watson first beat one of the inmates, and when prison guards didn’t respond to the attack, he said he found a second “child trafficker” and beat him.

Content Continues Below
Guards only found out after Watson led them to the scene of the attack, Watson wrote in his confession, the newspaper reported.

The attacks happened on Jan. 16. Bobb died the same day on the way to the hospital. De Luis-Conti died three days later, KSEE reported.

Both were serving life sentences for aggravated assault involving children under the age of 14, the Mercury News reported.

Watson wrote shortly after his transfer to a dorm-style ward at the prison that a “child molester” moved into his group. He did not name the person but wrote “Molester #1” would watch PBS Kids, taunting the other inmates.

Two hours before the beatings, Watson told a counselor that he needed to be transferred to the higher security area, in a single-person cell, because was going to attack one of the other inmates. Watson wrote that the counselor “scoffed and dismissed me.”

Watson went back to his area.

“我考虑当Moleste走了过来r #1 and he put his TV right on PBS Kids again. But this time, someone else said something to the effect of ‘Is this guy really going to watch this right in front of us?’ and I recall saying, ‘I got this.’ And I picked up the cane and went to work on him," Watson wrote in his confession according to the Mercury News.

Watson had served 10 years of a 50-year to life sentence for first-degree murder and intentionally discharging a firearm causing great bodily injury or death the time of the beatings, the Times-Standard reported.
duyunne

duyunne

Jedi Council Member
I feel bad for Jonathan as I believe he was baited. People working inside the prison system obviously knew this would happen.
duyunne

duyunne

Jedi Council Member
"Watson said he then left the housing pod to find a guard and turn himself in, but on the way, he saw “a known child trafficker, and I figured I’d just do everybody a favor,” Watson wrote. “In for a penny, in for a pound.”

Watson said he then told a guard, who didn’t believe him “until he looked around the corner and saw the mess I’d left in the dorm area,” Watson wrote.

Watson is in segregated housing while he is under investigation for the killings. He hasn’t been charged.

“Being a lifer, I’m in a unique position where I sometimes have access to these people and I have so little to lose,” Watson wrote. “And trust me, we get it, these people are every parent’s worst nightmare.“"

re:Inmate confesses in letter to killing 2 child molesters in California prison
Seamus

Seamus

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I feel bad for Jonathan as I believe he was baited. People working inside the prison system显然知道这事将会发生.

I'm not so sure about that since he says that he told his counselor that he was going to do it and the counselor "scoffed at him" and dismissed him.

It does sound like the child molester was baiting him though. Maybe he thought the guards would protect him and that he could get away with taunting the other inmates.

Whatever the case may be I think that the Jonathan Watson's situation is interesting. He's serving a life term and got nothing to lose as he says so he decided he wouldn't put up with these men and their behavior. I was thinking about Jeffery Epstein and all of the wealthy and powerful people who are implicated in his case. If the criminal justice system continues to let these men get away with their behavior, how long will it be before normal people decide they have nothing to lose and take matters into their own hands?
duyunne

duyunne

Jedi Council Member
1> He's a lifer, prison staff understand that lifers are higher risk for violence as they have nothing to lose.
2> He protested at being moved, warned he would harm people (ignored/scoffed)
3> He warned again, while in the new environment (still ignored)

Oh they knew.
Ursus Minor

Ursus Minor

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
If the criminal justice system continues to let these men get away with their behavior, how long will it be before normal people decide they have nothing to lose and take matters into their own hands?

Séamas, you're comment sounds like a bait. Well, I won't bite.

The criminal justice system had these perpetrators locked up. Jonathan Watson may be a guy who had been molested in his childhood himself and since the place was the Substance Abuse Treatment Facility he may be suffering from drug deprivation as well. His compassion for worried parents, their kids and his warning to the prison staff seem to indicate he was not a psychopath.

I would hesitate to take this incident as an example for "normal people" to take matters into their own hands which many will surely do if our society will start to crumble.

Rumors will be circulating and not every inscrutable guy in the neighborhood may be a child molestor...
Seamus

Seamus

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
1> He's a lifer, prison staff understand that lifers are higher risk for violence as they have nothing to lose.
2> He protested at being moved, warned he would harm people (ignored/scoffed)
3> He warned again, while in the new environment (still ignored)

Oh they knew.

Okay, makes sense.

Séamas, you're comment sounds like a bait. Well, I won't bite.

Huh? Bait? I didn't intend to bait anyone and I'm not sure what you mean honestly:huh:

The criminal justice system had these perpetrators locked up. Jonathan Watson may be a guy who had been molested in his childhood himself and since the place was the Substance Abuse Treatment Facility he may be suffering from drug deprivation as well. His compassion for worried parents, their kids and his warning to the prison staff seem to indicate he was not a psychopath.

I agree.

I would hesitate to take this incident as an example for "normal people" to take matters into their own hands which many will surely do if our society will start to crumble.

Rumors will be circulating and not every inscrutable guy in the neighborhood may be a child molestor...

Again I agree. I wasn't trying to suggest that anyone take this incident as an example of anything. I was wondering "out loud" about it.
Ursus Minor

Ursus Minor

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Sorry, if there was a misunderstanding of some sort.

I was thinking about Jeffery Epstein and all of the wealthy and powerful people who are implicated in his case.

Maybe you were just venting your frustration about the Epstein case...
Seamus

Seamus

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Sorry, if there was a misunderstanding of some sort.

No problem, I just wanted to make it clear that I was not intentionally trolling or trying to bait anyone.

Maybe you were just venting your frustration about the Epstein case...

I think I wasn't very clear in what I wrote because I haven't formulated an opinion or clear conclusion. I was wondering at or thinking about the contrast between this situation that occurred in a prison vs the way things work in general society.
Top Bottom