Ocular health

lilies

lilies

The Living Force
How to sharpen your vision and dramatically increase color depth perception in the Summer

Our young apricot tree is weighed down by ripening fruit so much, that it began cracking in two in the middle. We had to prop the branches up in order to prevent the tree completely being torn in two.

I looked up the nutrient content of apricots and its pretty heavy in eye-strengthening substances: surprisingly familiar ones that eyesight-improving supplements are advertised with.

Maybe why some original "fruitarians" started their movement:
在这里我想强调我认为一些啊f us can feel the literal life-force present in freshly picked fruit. It might be emphasized if you dip the freshly picked fruit/grape immediately in a bucket of cold water and eat the fruit from there. It feels mightily nourishing.

My favorite childhood fruits were cherry, apricot andlarge grapes.This is easily the third day that I'm stuffing myself with apricots - ~30 fruits / day and today I noticed when I came in from outside and sat down before the computer my marked sharpness of vision and also the noticeable increase of color depth perception. Colors suddenly jumped out of the screen!!
Oxajil

Oxajil

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
How to sharpen your vision and dramatically increase color depth perception in the Summer

Our young apricot tree is weighed down by ripening fruit so much, that it began cracking in two in the middle. We had to prop the branches up in order to prevent the tree completely being torn in two.

I looked up the nutrient content of apricots and its pretty heavy in eye-strengthening substances: surprisingly familiar ones that eyesight-improving supplements are advertised with.

But are the nutrients worth the sugar that comes with it or is your fruit less sugary? I'd personally go for supplements if there's an eye issue. Or even better, IV vitamin C.

Maybe why some original "fruitarians" started their movement:
在这里我想强调我认为一些啊f us can feel the literal life-force present in freshly picked fruit. It might be emphasized if you dip the freshly picked fruit/grape immediately in a bucket of cold water and eat the fruit from there. It feels mightily nourishing.

Yeah, I can imagine, especially on a hot day.:-)

My favorite childhood fruits were cherry, apricot andlarge grapes.This is easily the third day that I'm stuffing myself with apricots - ~30 fruits / day and today I noticed when I came in from outside and sat down before the computer my marked sharpness of vision and also the noticeable increase of color depth perception. Colors suddenly jumped out of the screen!!

Interesting results! But 30 fruits a day sounds a LOT to me! In my own experience, eating a lot of (organic) fruits will make my throat achy, causes a headache, or causes my skin to break out. I think it is likely because of the high sugar (fructose) content. FWIW.
Chad

Chad

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Interesting results! But 30 fruits a day sounds a LOT to me! In my own experience, eating a lot of (organic) fruits will make my throat achy, causes a headache, or causes my skin to break out. I think it is likely because of the high sugar (fructose) content. FWIW.

Same here. If i eat too much white granulated sugar, i get a surge in energy, although it feels erratic, unstable and not desireable, whereas if i eat more than one apple i feel weak and lethargic, as though my blood sugar drops (i suspect it actually does). Apparently some people are more susceptible to fructose than others, and i've heard there may be some genetic component.

Regardless, eating that much fruit long term just to see abitsharper andmore vivid colours when there are healthier, and probably more effective, alternatives, considering what we know about fructose, just doesn't seem worthwhile.
Persej

Persej

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Here is a guide on how to disable display flickering on Huawei phones with OLED screens.

Aside from the entry-level phones, most of the smartphone company uses OLED panels to provide a high and more durable viewing experience that worth their money. However, even a high-priced, OLED screen-equipped phone could bring you headaches or eye strain.

How?

There could be a number of reasons for these head and eye-related issues found in a smartphone’s display including high brightness, blue light, and incorrect colors. There’s one more thing you need to about the display issue called Screen Flickering.

What is Screen Flickering:

It’s a bit of a technical description, so bear with me here.

Flicker is a quick oscillation of light output between on and off; it is measured in hertz (Hz) to quantify the frequency at which the oscillation occurs. While we may not be consciously aware of the flicker phenomenon, it’s important to understand that our eyes still physically respond to it — that is, our irises expand and contract in response to these changes in brightness.

This involuntary physiological response can certainly explain why we may have a headache and particularly why our eyes can feel tired after looking at a display for an extended period of time — they have been working hard! (This is especially true when looking at a display in dark ambient conditions, such as reading in bed with the lights turned off, for reasons we’ll check on this more below.)

What Cause Flicker:

It is unfortunate that flicker on their displays (especially OLED displays) is still an issue for many people. That’s not the issue, but why do they flicker?

Let’s take a dig at Flicker:

Smartphones either come with LCD (liquid crystal display) or OLED (organic light-emitting diode) technology. LCDs don’t emit their own light, rather, they are back-illuminated by a strip of LEDs whose light intensity is quite powerful so as to compensate for the brightness drop due to the low transmission rate of the LCD panel (caused mainly by the RGB color filter). By contrast, in an OLED display, every pixel is itself an OLED that produces its own light.

Both LCDs and OLED displays are composed of light-emitting diodes, therefore, a diode’s intrinsic physical properties, cannot be dimmed by changing the intensity of the current (mA) without changing the color of the light.

How manufacturers dim Displays?

根据DXOMARK,使用科技nique called pulse-width modulation (PWM), which is responsible for turning the diodes off and on at varying rates. Because, we normally should not be able to see this switching between off and on (in other words, flickering!), it’s a trick for our brains that precise that the screen as simply dimmer overalls (a phenomenon is known as the “brain averaging effect”).

The dimming depends on how long the diodes are off versus how long they are on, the longer they’re off, the dimmer the screen will appear.

So both LCDs and OLED displays power their light sources differently, but both technologies are subject to flicker effect;however, it is usually more noticeable on OLED displays than on LCDs.

For one thing, OLED displays and LCDs show PWM at different frequency ranges —the PWM of OLED displays range from 50 to 500 Hz, whereas the PWM of LCDs starts at around 1000 Hz or higher. Second, as the human eye may experience flicker sensitivity up to about 250 Hz (at least for most people), it should come as no surprise that OLED displays are more likely to cause eyestrain than LCDs.

Huawei EMUI 11:

These same issues are also presented in high-endHuaweidevices and with recent versions of EMUI, Huawei has sent a new feature called flicker reduction to reduce the screen flickering.

This feature will reduce the number of your screen flickers and may also affect its color and brightness but one thing know that it also consumes power.
  1. Open Settings
  2. Display & brightness
  3. Eye comfort, then enable or disableFlicker reduction
1616413153683.png

dennis

dennis

Jedi Master
I'm not so sure LED lights would be the best to use.

Just three minutes of exposure to deep red light once a week, when delivered in the morning, can significantly improve declining eyesight, finds a pioneering new study by UCL researchers.
In summary, researchers found there was, on average, a 17% improvement in participants' color contrast vision when exposed to three minutes of 670 nanometre (long wavelength) deep red light in the morning and the effects of this single exposure lasted for at least a week. However, when the same test was conducted in the afternoon, no improvement was seen.
Study limitations

Despite the clarity of the results, researchers say some of the data are "noisy". While positive effects are clear for individuals following 670nmexposure, the magnitude of improvements can vary markedly between those of similar ages. Therefore, some caution is needed in interpretating the data. It is possible that there are other variables between individuals that influence the degree of improvement that the researchers have not identified so far and would require a larger sample size.
Top Bottom