The Truth Perspective - A Very Heavy Agenda with Robbie Martin

Ennio

Ennio

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
A Very Heavy Agenda: The rise, fall and resurrection of the neocons

"Post-9/11, the War on Terror had outlived its usefulness. The minds behind the think tanks that drive America's interventionist foreign policy decided that the U.S. needed a new enemy, so they chose an old one -- Russia."

Thought they were gone and increasingly irrelevant after the disastrous Iraq war? Think again. The neocons are back, and they're directing American foreign policy with as much psychopathic zeal as ever. PNAC may be gone, but it has simply been rebranded as the 'bipartisan' Foreign Policy Initiative, and its agenda is one and the same: to ensure U.S. hegemony and global domination, no matter how many people they have to kill.

All this and more is covered extensively in filmmaker Robbie Martin's new documentary, A Very Heavy Agenda. Robbie has crafted a stunning tapestry of the neocons' deceptions, pushes for war, and blatant media manipulations. Using their own words, he essentially lets the neocons condemn themselves, as they attempt to normalize imperial aggression, the violation of other nations' sovereignty, and the information war against their biggest target: Russia.

Tune in to the Truth Perspective this Sunday to hear Robbie discuss the latest installment of his film, Maintaining the World Order. You can read Robbie's writing on Media Matters, tune in to his podcast (co-hosted with his sister Abby), and check out A Very Heavy Agenda on Vimeo.
Mark7

Mark7

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
Sounds like an interesting and important topic! I've seem more Neocons in the media of late.
Reminds me of this J. R. R. Tolkien quote:

“Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.”
Ennio

Ennio

SuperModerator
FOTCM Member
Mark said:
Sounds like an interesting and important topic! I've seem more Neocons in the media of late.
Reminds me of this J. R. R. Tolkien quote:

“Always after a defeat and a respite, the Shadow takes another shape and grows again.”

This insight comes through quite clearly in the film as well as a lot of connecting of the dots ala Ponerology even though it doesn't get into psychopathy per se. I hope many here will get to see it because it shows things that just don't get conveyed in articles in quite the same way. Its a superb and even artful analysis.

Another review with clips:

https://www.sott.net/article/321405-Exposing-the-Neocons-in-their-own-words-Tom-Secker-reviews-A-Very-Heavy-Agenda
Voyageur

Voyageur

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Caught the show on download earlier this day and also watched the video trailer linked from the page. I must say, it was an interesting conversation with Robbie on the TP show and it covered some other ground previously discussed on the radio show, such as with Graeme MacQueen, who was featured previously on SoTT Talk discussing his book on the anthrax attacks and the pivotal influencing role that played out within media, the Congress and Senate, and ultimately within their foreign policy/aggression (his book was super).

I'm not really surprised when authors are asked about reading works such as Lobaczewski's,Political Ponerology, who then answer they have not, cause to me anyway, a book like that is vitally important in framing and understanding the mindsets of people who are instrumental in what has been seen in murderous and manipulative geopolitical events (and domestic). With Robbie's focus on neocon players like Kagan, the book above might help him take some of the baffling things that they do and put them into psychological context.

Thank you also Brent for your 'Police State Round-up', not sure what to say other than things are indeed sad. In Calgary, Alberta this past weekend (during their 'Stamped'), the police pounced on a man and carried out their psychological inner profiles upon him; excuses notwithstanding.
_http://www.calgarysun.com/2016/07/09/watch-calgary-police-takedown-of-suspect-goes-viral-on-social-media
Eboard10

Eboard10

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Finally caught up with the show yesterday. I found the conversation to be very clear and smooth and I got the impression that Robbie enjoyed it as well.

voyageur said:
I'm not really surprised when authors are asked about reading works such as Lobaczewski's,Political Ponerology, who then answer they have not, cause to me anyway, a book like that is vitally important in framing and understanding the mindsets of people who are instrumental in what has been seen in murderous and manipulative geopolitical events (and domestic).With Robbie's focus on neocon players like Kagan, the book above might help him take some of the baffling things that they do and put them into psychological context.

Agree, Robert Kagan really comes off as a true psychopath, even more than William Kristol IMO. I guess that for Robbie, as with many others exposing these people, it must be hard to accept the concept that we are not all equal and that a portion of the population cannot feel for others. I remember struggling with that thought at the beginning as well. Reading Political Poenology and following the related topics on this forum helped me break free of the idea that we are all the same.

听这个节目后,我看到的第1部分”A Very Heavy Agenda" and found it to be a very informative compendium of how foreign policy was being driven in the years prior to and following 9/11. It reminds me a lot of "Evidence of Revision" in its style and the way the narrative is portrayed. Now I understand why Victoria Nuland, Kaga's wife, was able to get in such a position and do the things she does. The clip about General David Petraeus half-jokingly saying that the Kagans grade his work on a daily basis was also quite revelatory and goes to show the level of influence these guys have on the government. Like Kagan himself repeatedly says, there is very little difference in foreign policy stance between one administration and the other, even between Democrats and Republicans, which explains how he could easily jump form advising one party to the other with no apparent difficulty.
Solie123

Solie123

Jedi Council Member
Waiting for my box set to come in the mail!! :D

Thanks yall for another excellent show BTW.
aragorn

aragorn

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Finally found time to listen to this episode, and I have to say this was an excellent discussion. Robbie Martin made a great impression, he seemed smart and witty, and even if he hesitated to "go there" regarding psychopathy, he seemed very much on the same page with the interviewers.

Good job, hope you'll have him on the show another time. His sister Abby would make a good quest too, I'm sure.
Anthony

Anthony

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
谢谢你把我attentio纪录片n, I've listened to a couple of interviews with Robbie Martin and will watch his documentary later today.
Top Bottom