Video killed the radio star? New Behind The Headlines show format!

irjO

irjO

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Awesome! looks very nice!! Good job mickey. Looking forward for more of these videos:-D :-D :clap:
Mikkael

Mikkael

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Very good idea, and nice studio guys, much interesting to watch. Thumbs up!
Oxajil

Oxajil

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I thought it was great, and it looked very professional!:thup:
Mark

Mark

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Just an FYI, on a newer Android tablet device (6 months old) the video and audio refused to play the live show in Chrome browser. When trying "audio only" the play/stop buttons flickered back and forth non-stop every half second or thereabout. Not sure why. I installed Firefox mobile and tried that, audio worked and was slow to start. I didn't try video on Firefox mobile.
Gary

Gary

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
The new format is really excellent......it seems to strengthen the connection / signal for me seeing you guys!:rockon:

I'm glad that the video project became a success! We live in an internet video age, and nowadays something like 60% of all internet traffic is video. However, we'll continue to parallel-broadcast audio-only versions and add them to our radio archive.

The special thing about our live audio and video streaming setup is that we don't depend on third-party servers or services. It's all made and provided by us. And quite honestly, I had lots of fun making it!:cool:

Great work Mikey...it looks very professional. Glad you enjoyed the process too!:perfect:

A huge thank you to all the folk involved with this great show!
maiko

maiko

Jedi Master
FOTCM Member
Very professional! Thank you for taking it one step further.:clap:
M

Mikey

The Living Force
Just an FYI, on a newer Android tablet device (6 months old) the video and audio refused to play the live show in Chrome browser. When trying "audio only" the play/stop buttons flickered back and forth non-stop every half second or thereabout. Not sure why. I installed Firefox mobile and tried that, audio worked and was slow to start. I didn't try video on Firefox mobile.

One 'gotcha': The video stream is limited to 1 copy per logged in Sott user. Make sure there is only 1 tab open across all your devices, then reload that tab and retry.

Can't fix the slow start unless I increase bandwidth - the buffer size is fixed in browsers, unfortunately.

The stream format is WebM with VP9 video and Opus audio, supported only relatively recently. Can't switch to a more widespread codec like H264 due to upload bandwidth constraints.
Reactions: SMM
neema

neema

Jedi Council Member
FOTCM Member
Loved it! Awesome job guys!

I do have one complaint.

Niall where is that awesome beard that I’ve seen you rocking!

Bring back the beard!!!beardemojiS.png
Meg

Meg

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
Awesome! Great job Mikey.:clap:I look forward to seeing more shows.
Keit

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
This is really awesome! Thank you for making it possible!:clap:
Niall

Niall

Administrator
Administrator
FOTCM Member
Loved it! Awesome job guys!

I do have one complaint.

Niall where is that awesome beard that I’ve seen you rocking!

Bring back the beard!!!View attachment 26732

:lol:

It goes into storage for the summer!

I'm a hirsute, sudoriferous celt, so the beard has to go when working on outdoor/construction projects during hot, sticky weather.

That's my story anyway!
Top Bottom