Cassiopaea Forum Reading Workshops - Public

Keit

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
And the next one forAsia-Oceania-Africawill be onApril 25 at 10:00 AM UTC.

A question to the organizers of the Asia-Oceania-Africa meeting. If I remember correctly, the plan was to read the next 3 chapters after the 3rd one, i.e 4-6? Or is it 3-5 as well? Perhaps we could also discuss 3-5 chapters, because we didn't have enough time to talk about the 3rd chapter in the first meeting?
Arwenn

Arwenn

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
A question to the organizers of the Asia-Oceania-Africa meeting. If I remember correctly, the plan was to read the next 3 chapters after the 3rd one, i.e 4-6? Or is it 3-5 as well? Perhaps we could also discuss 3-5 chapters, because we didn't have enough time to talk about the 3rd chapter in the first meeting?
That’s a great idea. Two hours went by very quickly, & we rushed chapter 3, so I’m in favour of discussing chapters 3-5 for our upcoming meeting this week. What does everyone else think?
beetlemaniac

beetlemaniac

The Living Force
That’s a great idea. Two hours went by very quickly, & we rushed chapter 3, so I’m in favour of discussing chapters 3-5 for our upcoming meeting this week. What does everyone else think?
@Keit&@Arwenn, I think that's a good idea. I feel that we're unnecessarily speeding through the book and that we could afford to slow down and savour the gist of the content. There might also be a good reason to synchronize our sessions so that we're all on literally "on the same page"! Well those are just my thoughts. As far as I know we're going to be limiting the session to 1h 30m, so covering one chapter every half hour. Maybe we could focus more on each individual chapter and the content and move on after half and hour to the next.
Keit

Keit

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
I feel that we're unnecessarily speeding through the book and that we could afford to slow down and savour the gist of the content.

Yeah, I agree. Don't know if you had the chance to see the recording of the other group, but on the first meeting they only covered the introductions.;-)Good conversations and ideas there.
G

gok-han

A Disturbance in the Force
You're welcome. Can you ask? What are the chances of the amendment management in Turkey? We are very tired.
Renaissance

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
You're welcome. Can you ask? What are the chances of the amendment management in Turkey? We are very tired.

Your reply looks like it is an auto-translation and you might be asking if these online meetings could be conducted in Turkey? If you have access to Zoom.us (and understand English) then most likely yes, you can join the meetings through either your browser or via download. I don't know if there are different regional Zoom sites that can also access these meetings or not and is something you would have to search to determine whether or not that is the case. I think both the 'America and Europe' and 'Asia-Oceania-Africa' meetings are only being conducted in English at this time.
Mariama

Mariama

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member

Hi gok-han, since this is your first post on our forum could you introduce yourself in thenewbies threadand tell us a little about yourself? It doesn't have to be too personal, maybe a bit about how you found us, what you have read so far, and so on.
beetlemaniac

beetlemaniac

The Living Force
Yeah, I agree. Don't know if you had the chance to see the recording of the other group, but on the first meeting they only covered the introductions.;-)Good conversations and ideas there.
They were great conversations and points brought up by all participants. I found myself unable to give useful feedback during the last workshop for the most part, just listening along while everyone had much to contribute. I hope to be a bit more useful this time around!
Renaissance

Renaissance

Ambassador
Ambassador
FOTCM Member
Y'all could stand to be a little louder but I think I heard everyone okay. Don't think I missed anything. Y'all need like a studio mic hanging down from the ceiling in the middle of your circle or something.

奇怪的是,我们有一个高科技的显微镜ophone that has worked well for group discussions. I listened to the last meeting and I heard the feedback interference people mention. I also went back and checked the first meeting and the sound was much better. It seems like the culprit was that the wrong mic was connected. This also had us being unmuted when we thought we were muted - so apologies to everyone for that too!

See you all in a bit!
SMM

SMM

The Living Force
First, appologies to@logos5x5if you receive several my login attempts; I´m not sure which of them even came trough.

I did manage to join the meeting.:bacon:
Thank you all for this session!
It was amazing experience and thank you all for amazing toughts and comments!:flowers:

####

For the others who were having issues, my solution was to close the pop-up window that opens the zoom-app and to join via browser.
There is an option "join with browser" and that worked.

I assumed it is my bandwith problem, so I shut down also the camera to have smooth reception (my mic didn´t work anyway).

So if login trough pop-up app doesn´t work or freezes due to whatever issues (computer memory low, slow internet connection,....), when one clicks on the link and you are asked to join troug app say "no" and click on "join with browser".

A few things:

First, it's wondeful that you managed to join the meeting after missing the first due to technical issues, and resolve why it wasn't working so you can continue to join:thup:

Your post helped me get closer to figuring out what happened with Zoom for me when it disconnected during the meeting. Thanks,@Mari :-)

It kept crashing, or stayed on the 'Preparing the meeting' screen. So I can try it with my browser if that happens.

I have data and media files on my phone that take up a lot of space (I download for offline access), so sometimes in trying to open the suggested browser (not Chrome, Samsung's/Android's own), it says not enough memory available. Then I transfer to a memory card or external hard drive, and it's a little happier.

Hopefully it will not crash, as today I will not be loading the book up on my phone. It usually doesn't crash if I simply stay on Zoom, without using any other applications during a call.

我不知道我们读章in volume 1, so I read up to the last chapter (on the last chapter still). It's my third time reading this volume and all three times, I am reminded how much I love chapter 8 and wanting it to be more details.

I need to finish all my assignments ASAP so I can spend more time reading and making notes. There's a long reading list calling me!
Top Bottom