Your favorite classical tunes...

3DStudent

3DStudent

The Living Force
FOTCM Member
I love Anna Netrebko & Elīna Garanča – Offenbach's Barcarolle.
I'm not into opera, but I could look at that blonde's hair all day.:love:

And perhaps tho most Adagio from Aram Khachaturian - Spartacus.

The day before you posted that, I had listened to Spartacus. So I listened that day too. I found myself humming the main melody that day too. Such a powerful song that goes through the emotional gamut.

It's also interesting to hear a different orchestra play a song you know, because their timing on certain parts is different, so you're almost more engaged. Still it's like if you hear a song, you tend to like the first version you heard of it the best.
Rolae

Rolae

Padawan Learner
Clean song sometimes a song that saids less may arouse a wonder without association. Especially in last decades with the political changes also influence relative by the weather and Cosmic changes. "To remember but not to remember" that changes are for the better balancing of the times.
unkl brws

unkl brws

Jedi Master
I remember buying this album on cassette back in the 1980's after seeing/hearing Wynton Marsalis play on TV (I believe it was on the Grammys). I was amazed at his talent and bought the first recording of his I saw. Here he plays a concerto for trumpet from composer Henri Tomasi

Dakota

Dakota

Dagobah Resident
FOTCM Member
My admiration for classical music increase after recent cognitions about love, programing, Lizards & etc. I can "see" different sensation when I'm listening modern music unlike old classics. Later makes me calm and clearer. This is one of my favourite classics.

Chopin -Etude Op. 25 No. 1 "Aeolian Harp"

Rolae

Rolae

Padawan Learner
My admiration for classical music increase after recent cognitions about love, programing, Lizards & etc. I can "see" different sensation when I'm listening modern music unlike old classics. Later makes me calm and clearer. This is one of my favourite classics.

Great to listen to while reading. Or resonance tunes to read off such delicate sound waves.
Rolae

Rolae

Padawan Learner

Beautifully mastered'& fluid
LongCloud

LongCloud

Jedi
Thanks for bumping this thread. I now have 31 tabs of selected music I have known but forgotten to listen to.

My favorite is a cover of Corelli's 'La Follia' by Vivaldi. I have many of Vivaldi's works, but this one once seen live, stays with you. This piece is entitled Apollo's Fire. There's no good youtube live play that does it justice that I can find.

Last edited:
Rolae

Rolae

Padawan Learner
Thanks for bumping this thread. I now have 31 tabs of selected music I have known but forgotten to listen to.

My favorite is a cover of Corelli's 'La Follia' by Vivaldi. I have many of Vivaldi's works, but this one once seen live, stays with you. This piece is entitled Apollo's Fire. There's no good youtube live play that does it justice that I can find.

This, terrible piece of music. A shot of brandy Dovetailing train carriage exhaust fumes, civil war, tea and crumpet fancy chinaware and overly perfumed masking the smell of the stiff lip Royal class or New England colonists.
United Gnosis

United Gnosis

Jedi Council Member
This is more of a modern classical, all I can say is I the first time I heard that song, I knew I had to learn piano well enough to play it -
Rolae

Rolae

Padawan Learner
This is more of a modern classical, all I can say is I the first time I heard that song, I knew I had to learn piano well enough to play it -

I love that one... my father wanted it to be played on his funeral. So we stood in the middle of the burial forest and thought of him while the song touches our hearts.:love:

"A genuine & solo leveling. Artist is well aquatinted with the culture on a particular sobering mid afternoon.
Top Bottom